Society opens Harrison cabin open for viewing
The Historical Society of Harrison County will have the Harrison History Exhibit in the historic William Henry Harrison Log Cabin open each day in October from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Located at 419 N. Capitol Ave. in Corydon, the exhibit contains a variety of historic items from Harrison County’s history, including memorabilia about William Henry Harrison, the Battle of Corydon, Squire Boone, the Harrison County Fair, Keller Manufacturing Co., Griffin’s Store, the Constitution Elm, James Best and the Nine Historic Buildings That Were in Corydon During the Capital Period (1816-1825) That Are Still Here, as well as tools and farm implements, signs, advertising, quilts, baskets, books, maps, photos, paintings and other commemorative artifacts and items of interest. Copies of some of the Historical Society of Harrison County’s booklets, including the most recent, “Small Towns, Harrison County,” are available for a donation to the Historical Society of Harrison County.
Admission to the exhibit is free, but donations are always welcome.
For more information or to arrange another time for a visit, contact Karen Schwartz, president of the Historical Society of Harrison County, at 812-736-2373, by email at [email protected] or karengleitz @hotmail.com or by regular mail at 5850 Devil’s Elbow Road NW Corydon, IN 47112.