February 23, 2022
• To Lanesville Lady Eagles, Angie, Joe, assistants and fans, thank you for an amazing season. We are proud of you. #numberonefan.
• An important questions to ask for all candidates in the upcoming local election should be, do you view the actions on Jan. 6, 2021, as legitimate political discourse or a violent insurrection?
• I’m so sick of hearing “the first black lady to do this,” “the first black man to do that.” If we are going to end this racism thing and the name calling, why don’t they just say this woman won whatever she won; this man got whatever he got. No one cares about the color of their skin. Everybody should just be glad that they got whatever they got. Get over it.
• I was so sad to see Linda Smith from Lanesville died. She was such a wonderful lady.
• I’m really concerned about what is being taught to the children in our schools, but it has nothing to do with critical race theory. When these kids get into the workforce and don’t know how to write cursive, don’t know how to use the office phone, don’t know how to address a letter, don’t know how to type on a keyboard and the list goes on and on, what good are they?
• I watched the Super Bowl the other night and couldn’t believe that most of the people in the stands were not wearing their masks. The average ticket price was over $3,500. The people in attendance weren’t poor, ignorant hillbillies who didn’t know any better. It seems there are rules for one set of people and another set of rules for everybody else.
• This is in response to the letter to the editor. The gentleman asked about pro-life beliefs. I won’t speak on behalf of all pro-life people because there are a lot of varying viewpoints on both sides of this issue, but I believe every human being has the right to life from conception to natural death. I don’t think anyone has the right to terminate a life for any reason. If it make sense that a woman doesn’t have the right to kill her children who are out of her womb, why would it make sense that she has the right to kill her child inside her womb? Biology class taught me that life begins at conception. The child is not property. The writer asks why just newborns, which has me scratching my head. These children were killed before they were born. Abortion is the No. 1 cause of death in the nation, so it seems correct to focus more energy there, but we also are concerned with the snuffing out of life at all stages of life. To say that these children were just going to die anyway is to say that their life doesn’t really matter. I’ll let you do your own research and see how many people are killed by guns and how many from abortion.
• Last week in the paper, I saw they had that truck driver. He had guns in his truck and he was on meth. I forget what all the other charges were, but how in the heck did he get O.R. A convicted felon with guns and drugs in his truck but yet they let him O.R. … I don’t think it’s right that man got out. I think he still should be in jail yet. In my opinion, I don’t think it was done right.
• Two suggestions: The Corydon Post Office, one, you need more than one garbage can on the weekends because there is no place for us to throw our trash and it looks terrible when people have to leave it on the counters. Two, the people who are going to the Red Barn need to learn that the post office has a one-way drive into its lot and really you should park some place else. …