ISP seeks recruits for 82nd academy
The Indiana State Police is accepting applications for the 82nd recruit academy.
Individuals who are interested in beginning a career as an Indiana State Trooper must visit the ISP website, https://www.in.gov/isp/2368.htm, and follow the link to the application. Applicants will first need to create a user account before being able to apply for the Trooper Trainee job posting for the Indiana State Police 82nd Selection Process.
The website link provides a detailed synopsis of the application process as well as information about additional career opportunities with the Indiana State Police.
Applications must be submitted electronically by 8 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 22. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Basic eligibility requirements and consideration factors for an Indiana State Trooper include:
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Must be at least 21 and less than 40 years of age when appointed as a police employee (appointment date will be June 16, 2022).
• Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate an automobile.
• Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere within the state of Indiana as designated by the ISP superintendent.
• Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma.
The starting salary for an Indiana State Police recruit is $1,615.39 bi-weekly during the academy training. At the completion of academy training, the starting salary is $48,000 a year.
Recruits of the 82nd academy are offered a health care plan that includes medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage for both current and retired employees and their dependents. The Indiana State Police pension program provides a lifetime pension after 25 years of service. Additionally, the Indiana State Police provides comprehensive disability coverage and a life insurance program.
Student loan forgiveness programs are being offered at this time through https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.
Interested applicants can obtain additional information about a career as an Indiana State Trooper by visiting https://www.in.gov/isp/3041.htm to find the recruiter assigned to the applicant’s area.