June 23, 2021
• With all the technology today, you would think somebody could come up with some way of getting rid of all these scam phone calls. I’ve had 15 calls in the last two hours. It’s ridiculous.
• I was wondering if you could put the number for animal abuse in the Live Wire so people could call …
Editor’s note: The number is 812-738-8163.
• I hear that they’re pushing for a skatepark. Wah. Wah. Wah. You know, there’s a skatepark in Louisville, Ky. A big one. A fine one what I’ve heard. I ain’t much use for a skatepark because I’m 59 years old. I’ve been complaining and pushing for a dragstrip in Harrison County since the last one closed down. Wish one hand and wish another. Forget it. Don’t need it. It ain’t useful. That’s what they’ve been telling me about a dragstrip. Well, this ain’t useful either.
• Please, guys. Please hold down on your fireworks … They scare the animals so bad. Please use a little respect. And please hold down on those big loud sonic booms.
• It’s interesting when people say higher education is liberal indoctrination. When I went to college, I wasn’t taught details or ideologies. I was taught how to properly research things and practice critical thinking skills. We lean left because we tend to be better informed.
• I was calling in about the highway department, especially the state’s. They used to mow all their property, but now they (generally) just make one swath and keep going and let all the weeds grow up and garbage and stuff. I just can’t believe that they don’t mow it, but I guess they’re outside contractors and they can get by with it.
• I am a Republican and a veteran. I would like to say that Biden done more in his first hundred days than Trump done in four years of playing golf and tearing the USA apart. Little rich boy Trump was never my commander-in-chief. … I will vote Democrat next time.
• Once again, summer is here and the weather is hot and it’s only going to get hotter, so please, please, if you see any animal, especially dogs, horses, any animal, but especially dogs, out in the hot sun without any shade, without any water, I want you to please contact the Harrison County (Animal Control) right away. You have to be their voice. They cannot speak. Please be their voice.
• I seen the most unusual thing on the streets of Corydon (June 19). People walking around … from location to location to location while carrying (drinking glasses).
Editor’s note: The occassion was the spring wine walk, where attendees sampled wine at various businesses in the downtown Corydon area.