Posted on

Support appreciated by fire victims

Lonnie and Lisa Brown of Elizabeth are thankful for the support they’ve received following a fire June 11 that destroyed their home.
Lonnie was at work and Lisa was on her way to work when the fire was reported at about 9:30 a.m. The couple was told the fire was caused when an electrical outlet, that was exposed to moisture and dirt, caused a spark that ignited.
Both the Elizabeth and New Middletown Volunteer Fire departments responded.
Lisa, 40, said she received a phone call 10 minutes after she had left for work that her house was on fire. She said the fire departments likely were notified when the fire activated the home’s alarm system. The Browns’ neighbor, Larry Kaiser, also contacted the authorities, she said.
‘I’m just thankful that nobody was home and nobody got hurt,’ Lisa said. ‘I would like to thank my neighbor, Larry, for kicking in the door and rescuing my dog.’
The Browns have been accepting donations from the community and are caught up on the basics of household items.
Brian Oberdieck, a member of St. John’s Lutheran Church near Lanesville and a teacher, has been accepting items donated to the Brown family. He said that anyone who wants to donate to the Brown family may do so through the church office.
He said he is appreciative of those who have donated food, clothing and money for the fire victims.
Lisa said she is grateful to the community, St. John’s, the fire departments and her friends for their support and donations.

LATEST NEWS