Posted on

Mary O. Sramek

Mary O. Sramek Mary O. Sramek

Mary Olevia Creech Sramek, 89, formerly of Columbus, Wis., died Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012, at the Remembrance Home in Beaver Dam, Wis.
Born Sept. 23, 1922, in Corydon, she was the daughter of the late Olevia Annetta Peper and James Harley Creech.
She graduated from Corydon High School in 1941, was a past member of the Old Capital Chapter 467 of the Order of the Eastern Star in Corydon, where she was initiated Nov. 6, 1944, was a past Matron of the Columbus Chapter 244 OES, a life and perpetual member of the Twilight Chapter 165 OES in Sun Prairie, Wis., past president and life member of the Ladies Auxiliary of the VFW, Columbus-Fall River (Wis.) Post 8090, a member of the Columbus (Wis.) United Methodist Church, retired Dec. 31, 1987, from Applied Power Inc. in Columbus, Wis., and was a former employee of the former Jack Winter Garment Factory in Columbus, Wis., and the Fall River (Wis.) Foundry.
Besides her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Frank Joseph Sramek, in 1996; her stepfather, Herman Gilham; two sisters, Edna Mae Neukam and Marjorie Lee Cooper; and a brother, James Russell Creech.
Survivors include two daughters, Sue Ann Beich of Fond du Lac, Wis., and Archan Jane Rose Sramek of Beaver Dam, Wis.; two grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Funeral: Private with burial in St. Jerome Cemetery, Columbus, Wis. Jensen Funeral & Cremation in Columbus Wis., handled arrangements.
The family suggests memorial gifts to the Gethsemane Lutheran Church cemetery fund, Corydon, Ind.