September 11, 2013 | 08:40 AM
An employee of M&M Electrical Contractor Inc. was shocked Monday at about 2:50 p.m. at Old Capital Golf Club in Corydon.
According to Julia Miller, president of Springfield, Tenn.-based M&M, the employee was working on the ground when he was shocked, and a co-worker helped provide aid until EMTs arrived.
Emergency dispatch reported that the man had received burns to his chest and face. The initial dispatch reported that CPR was in progress, followed by a dispatch that the man was breathing but unable to talk. The incident took place near the entrance to the golf course, which is along S.R. 62 east of Corydon.
The victim was flown via Air Methods helicopter to University Hospital in Louisville.
Miller said the man, who was not identified, was kept overnight for observation, was doing well and was expected to recover from his injuries.
"We take these situations very seriously," Miller said, adding that the company is conducting an investigation into what happened.
This was only the second accident the company has had since it opened in 1997, she said.
"So, it's been a while. Our employees are like our families," she said.